Saints Peter and Paul’s history began in 1878, when communities of Czechs, Poles, Germans, and Irish immigrants settled in and around the town, speaking diverse tongues, but all believing the same faith and worshiping the one, true God in the same way.
In 1883 the first church was built. A Catholic school was completed in 1961. It flourished until 1986. Many priests have blessed the growth of the church: including Thomas Mullowney, Robert Warner, Robert Rooney, Bernard Nelson, John Rademacher, and James Murphy. Under the direction of Father Murphy, a new church was constructed and completed in 1992.
Priests succeeding him included Michael McDermott and Ray Kosmicki. Under Father Kosmicki’s leadership, a new rectory was purchased and plans were developed for a new Parish Life Center. Father Rayappa Konka serves as the current resident priest.
Sister Maria del Rey Mangan arrived on September 3, 1975. She served as parish minister until her retirement on June 30, 2007. Three women of the parish have entered the religious life, namely, Sister Ann Francis Sidel, Sister Marylyn Nabity, and Sister Mary Kay Panowicz
In 2006, the parishes of Saint Anthony’s of Farwell and Saint Joseph’s of Elba were “clustered” with Saints Peter and Paul’s Parish.
Saints Peter and Paul is involved in community events such as the World Day of Prayer, Area Community VBS, Red Cross Bloodmobile, Summer Lunch Bunch and the All Faith's Luncheon. Some of the active organizations and groups in the parish include the Parish Council, CCW, Catholic Daughters, Knights of Columbus, music ministry, Bible study, Faith in Action group, a quilting group, and the religious education program. Our parish also engages in Eucharistic adoration on a monthly basis.
There are 450 families registered in the parish and approximately 325 youths take part in the religious education programs in all three parishes.
In July of 2015, Father Ray Kosmicki retired and he was replaced by Father Rayappa Konka. In the spring of 2016, the contents of the the old Catholic School were auctioned off and the building was demolished. Later that year, construction began on the new Ss.Peter and Paul Parish Life Center. The building was completed in 2017. On Thanksgiving Day, 2017 Ron Sack, a former parishioner and student of the school, donated an extensive exhibit on the history of the school. It is displayed in the new Parish Life Center. Also in 2017, the old rectory garage was sold and moved from the site. On May 18, 2018 parishioner Neil Baquet was ordained a Permanent Diaconate at the Cathedral in Grand Island. In 2018, the Knights of Columbus celebraed their 100th Anniversary.
In July of 2021 Fr. Konka was assigned a new parish. We welcome Fr. Vincent Parsons to our church.